All of our developments are registered with the ‘Considerate Constructors’ scheme.
The Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) is the national initiative set up by the construction industry to improve its image. Construction sites and companies can register with the Scheme and are monitored against a Code of Considerate Practice, designed to encourage best practice beyond statutory requirements.
Our Developments are regularly audited on the following Code of Considerate Practice:
1. Enhancing the Appearance : Constructors should ensure sites appear professional and well managed.
Ensuring that the external appearance of sites enhances the image of the industry.
Being organised, clean and tidy.
Enhancing the appearance of facilities, stored materials, vehicles and plant.
Raising the image of the workforce by their appearance.
2. Respecting the Community: Constructors should give utmost consideration to their impact on neighbours and the public.
Informing, respecting and showing courtesy to those affected by the work.
Minimising the impact of deliveries, parking and work on the public highway.
Contributing to and supporting the local community and economy.
Working to create a positive and enduring impression, and promoting the Code.
3. Protecting the Environment: Constructors should protect and enhance the environment.
Identifying, managing and promoting environmental issues.
Seeking sustainable solutions, and minimising waste, the carbon footprint and resources.
Minimising the impact of vibration, and air, light and noise pollution.
Protecting the ecology, the landscape, wildlife, vegetation and water courses.
4. Securing everyone’s Safety: Constructors should attain the highest levels of safety performance.
Having systems that care for the safety of the public, visitors and the workforce.
Minimising security risks to neighbours.
Having initiatives for continuous safety improvement.
Embedding attitudes and behaviours that enhance safety performance.
5. Caring for the Workforce: Constructors should provide a supportive and caring working environment.
Providing a workplace where everyone is respected, treated fairly, encouraged and supported.
Identifying personal development needs and promoting training.
Caring for the health and wellbeing of the workforce.
Providing and maintaining high standards of welfare.