Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do through our use of sustainable construction methods and materials.
Housing development which minimises the impact on the environment is extremely important given the increasing focus on climate change.
Partner embraces the need to use modern sustainable methods of construction. We have developed a group environmental policy which meets the standards set by BS EN ISO 14001.
Please click here to view a copy of our Environmental and Sustainability Policy Based on the principles of UKAS ISO 14001:2007.
In our developments we aim to demonstrate that environmentally friendly design can positively impact on the quality of life by protecting and enhancing our environment now and in the future.
To improve environmental performance we:
•adopt sustainable environmental practices within our own environmental operations and through our suppliers and partners.
• train our personnel, enhancing awareness of relevant environmental issues.
• re-use and recycle wherever possible in central offices.
•comply with (preferably exceeding) requirements of appropriate environmental legislation;
• Partnership working with supply chain promoting sustainable product sourcing;
• Aim to continually improve.
We aim to demonstrate sustainable development including:
• considering the long-term environmental impact of our buildings and the systems contained within them.
• using BRE Best Practice Guidance (code for sustainable homes/BREEAM as applicable) targeting an excellent rating or equivalent.
• ensuring our buildings are flexible and adaptable.
• improving energy, water and materials efficiency;
• using renewable energy and combined heat and power systems;
• providing recycling facilities;
• reducing CO2 emissions;
• using renewable or recyclable materials
We aim to demonstrate sustainability during construction:
• reducing noise, dust, pollution and waste;
• reducing the need for transport;
• recycling water both during construction and occupation;
• using local materials and suppliers wherever viable
Waste Auditing Protocol
All of our sites have a Site Waste Management Plan which ensures that we are dealing with our construction waste in a responsible manner and allows us to analyse our recycling performance which minimises the impact our activities have on the local environment.
We are also currently working with a number of governmental organisations to undertake reviews of our resource efficiency. All of our subsidiaries are CHAS approved.